- In Actuality: Social Realism and Its Legacy from the Robert B. Menschel Collection
Following the advent of photography in the mid-nineteenth century, artists and critics alike struggled to make sense of this new technology and its pl
- IMPACT! The Photo League and Its Legacy
IMPACT! The Photo League and Its Legacy presents 35 black and white photographs by master photographers associated with league, a cooperative of both
- Formal/ Informal: Innovations in Portraiture
Formal/ Informal explores the definition of portraiture, comparing that formal term to the compositions created by photographers.
- Wanderlust: Photography from World Travel
This photography exhibition explores the vibrant history and viewpoints of photographers as travelers and recorders of landscapes and cultures.
- Hard Earned: The Military Photographs of Stacy Pearsall and the Veteran’s Portrait Project
This exhibition highlights Pearsall’s combat photography as well as selections from her award winning series, the Veteran’s Portrait Project.
- Everyday Art: The Evolution of Street Photography
The art of capturing fleeting moments and sharing new perspectives to reveal everyday interactions has an extensive history in photography.
- North and South: Berenice Abbott’s U.S. Route 1
This exhibition of fifty images visualizes Berenice Abbott’s summer journey in 1954 along the length of U.S. Route 1.
- Paul Strand: The Mexican Portfolio
This exhibition presents the entire Mexican Portfolio, containing 20 original photogravures by American Master photographer Paul Strand.
- Dancing Atoms: Barbara Morgan Photographs
Dancing Atoms explores the legacy of Barbara Morgan and her lifelong observation of “dancing atoms” which inspired her photographic work.
- Art in the Detail: 20th Century Masters of Photography
This exhibition explores texture, light, and the interplay of these qualities in the work of established and emerging masters of photography.