- In Actuality: Social Realism and Its Legacy from the Robert B. Menschel Collection
Following the advent of photography in the mid-nineteenth century, artists and critics alike struggled to make sense of this new technology and its pl
- IMPACT! The Photo League and Its Legacy
IMPACT! The Photo League and Its Legacy presents 35 black and white photographs by master photographers associated with league, a cooperative of both
- Kamikaze Curiosity: Louisa Chase Prints
Emcompassing almost 40 years of the artist’s prints, Kamikaze Curiosity is the first retrospective of Chase’s published works in over 20 years
- Formal/ Informal: Innovations in Portraiture
Formal/ Informal explores the definition of portraiture, comparing that formal term to the compositions created by photographers.
- Selections from The Rona and Martin Schneider Collection of Late 19th and Early 20th Century American and European Fine Art Prints
This exhibition highlights important American and European fine prints representing the Etching Revival.
- 21 Etchings and Poems
21 Etchings and Poems was a landmark publication that had a profound impact on contemporary art and culture in the middle of the 20th century.
- That’s Entertainment!
For many, dance, theater, sports, the circus, and film are pastimes offering a welcome escape from workplace rigors and the demands of daily life.